Classification of polymers based on the source:
1. Natural polymers. There in the living body. Poliisoprena eg, amylose, protein, cellulose.
2. Synthetic polymer. Yield synthesis of organic compounds in certain cases a synthetic polymer. For example, Teflon, PVC, dakron, nylon 66.
Based on the type of monomer pembentuknya
1. Homopolymer. Polymer formed from a dynamic monomer-monomer or monomer forming polymer contains only one type. For example, PVC, natural rubber, polyethene, PVA.
2. Copolymer. Polymer formed from the monomer-monomer different kind. Kapolimer divided into four, namely:
- Copolymer statistics: copolymers with monomers that form stacks unorganized.
- Block Copolymers: monomer arrangement formed regularly by a certain amount.
- Alternating copolymer: the arrangement of monomers that are formed in turn.
- Branched Copolymers: the arrangement of other monomers which is a branch.
a. Dakron polymer (formed from the monomer acid and etandiol terephthalate)
b. Nylon 66 (formed from 1,6 - diaminoheksana and sour heksanadioat)
c. Bakelite (formed from phenol and metanal)
d. SBR is formed from styrene and diene blind.
Based on the heat capacity
Alkenes in particular types of plastic polymers are classified into:
1. Termoplas. features:
a. Pliable when heated
b. Being lightweight, strong and transparent
c. Printable back, into other forms, because the binding style polymer chains weak.
Example: PVC, polyethene, polystyrene.
2. Thermosets. features:
a. No software if heated
b. Permanent form because of covalent bonds are very strong and a lot of numbers between bond chain will be destroyed and thermosets will burn if heated to very high temperatures.